This Blog is the journal/scrapbook/photo album etc. that is all about my family and our lives together. Here is where family and friends (and anyone else too, I suppose) can keep up on what's happening with us Mannimals! COMMENTS ARE APPRECIATED!! ;) Check back often as we'll respond to comments and make new posts as often as possible!

Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Folfing, Humboldt Style

Tom is checking out the drive on hole 3 at the edge of the Redwood course. Athena, Rod, Steve, Jenny, and Athena W. are watching. This is a very challenging course. "More board feet per square foot than any course in the world," they say. Several of the throws are up hill to top it off. It's a beautiful and fun course though, if you're prepared for it.

There's Steve, saying "Hello!" Jenny and Rod are waiting their turn to tee off. This is the Mad River Course. We didn't get to the Eureka course, unfortunately. Eureka is the 3rd course (and 3rd best) we have in 10 minutes of us.

Athena got this one of me going for a long par save. Shane just hit his putt for par and is going to get his disk. If I shoot I either get the par or I get Shane for the stroke off, it's a win-win situation for me. ; ) I'm glad we got to get Shane and Jessie out for at least one round before they had to go.

Athena got this one of me lining up my drive and breaking in my new Humboldt hoodie. Brian says "Hi!" Jenny, Athena W., Steve, and Tom are watching.

Here's Tom, about to throw into what we like to call "Tom-Land", way off to the right.

Here's Nick, playing his first round of Folf with me! I've been trying to get him to play forever. He played far better than I did my first game. (Except for my first shot ever was a crazy birdie from about 30 yards away).

That's Athena W.'s folfing arm! Stand clear when she swings that puppy!

This is the Tee for hole 2 at the Redwood course! Athena couldn't stand back any further, so you can't see just how tall the stump is. It's about 8 feet up on the short side and like 15 feet down the tallest side. There's a couple of foot and hand holes on the short side that you can climb up. I threw first and I'm pointing out the hole for Tom. Athena W. is helping Jenny up, followed by Brian. When I jumped down, my shirt snagged on the stump and tore! Bust out the sewing kit, Eric.



This was our first run at the Mad River course. Jory and I are taking pictures of each other at hole 6 1/2. It was a fun round, hanging and folfing!

We're playing hole 6 1/2 again! That's a secret blend of Humboldt herbs we're partaking in. This was our second time playing the Mad River course, so it's just Steve, Jenny, Athena W., Tom (waiting patiently for his turn), me, and Brian on the exhale. Rod must be seeing a man about a disc, and Athena is taking the picture.

This was the second group of pictures. I wish we would have gotten in a few more games! Jory and Joey couldn't play, and Shane and Jessie had to leave before the Redwood course...well, maybe next time! I'll try to get another group of pictures up later tonight. Keep checking back for updates and enjoy...

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I wish I would have been feeling good enough to toss some. Next time for sure!

Thu Sep 15, 03:35:00 AM PDT

 
Blogger Eric, Matrim, and Aviendha said...

I was going to call you tonight. I just noticed your post. We'll come see you in the winter, but you'll have to come back next summer and spend some more quality time!!

Thu Sep 15, 05:00:00 AM PDT

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There goes Brian's chances for president...Eric lost his a long time ago!

Thu Sep 15, 04:20:00 PM PDT

 
Blogger Joey C Johnson said...

If April ever see's this (with Eric's comment), Tom will be grounded. LOL

Thu Sep 15, 05:08:00 PM PDT

 
Blogger Mr. E Mann said...

Oh shit! I didn't actually think about April looking at the blog. Be careful Tom! ;)

Fri Sep 16, 08:40:00 PM PDT

 

Post a Comment

<< Home