This Blog is the journal/scrapbook/photo album etc. that is all about my family and our lives together. Here is where family and friends (and anyone else too, I suppose) can keep up on what's happening with us Mannimals! COMMENTS ARE APPRECIATED!! ;) Check back often as we'll respond to comments and make new posts as often as possible!

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Oct 29, 2007: Pumpkin Carving Day/Night

This year Athena and I put the kids in the bike carrier and we rode the several miles out to a farm to choose out our pumkins.  Matrim got his early on a field trip where they got to go with their fourth grade buddies to pick out their own from a farm.  It was quite the work out pulling both kids and the pumpkins but we made it.  :)  I always love pumpkin day and Athena has to tell me each day that we can't do it yet or they will go bad before Halloween.  ;)  It's nice too because Athena and Matrim take care of the guts and I focus on seasoning the pumpkin seeds for Athena to cook (we didn't get them in the oven in time this year though, unfortunately) and mounting my poor artistic skills into a feeble plan of jack-o-latern attack.


What a bunch of cuties!!  (Even by this point we were clearly aware our poor Broncos were in trouble.)  :(


Aviendha is getting so big/smart so fast.  She always wants to get to do what the adults or Mat at least gets to do.  What a great little helper!



Matrim has been growing into a bigger, better boy by leaps and bounds lately!  It's incredible to get to watch him growing up right before my eyes!


The carving is just about done, Avi!


Bed time for Mat for school the next day.  Athena does a great job of a night routine reading etc. with Matrim!  Avi always wants to hang out while they do it.


No laughing, but this is the best pumpkin I have ever carved!  :)  I was proud of my scary Orange Devil!


Our four jack-o-lanterns on the front porch with Frankenstein.


Left to right: Mine, Matrim's, Mom's, Avi's.  They all turned out great!!


And here they are all lit up.  I love Halloween!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home